Welcome to Trawsfynydd
Trawsfynydd village is situated on a hill at the head of a glacial valley, with the A470 trunk road running North/South parallel to the village.
The village lies more or less in the middle of the old Meirionnydd District, now forming part of south Gwynedd. The total parish area is 12,830 hectares with a population of just under 1000 – the area is therefore sparsely populated with each hectare inhabited by an average 0.07 persons.
The village is typical of several Welsh villages. There are two grocer shops, two public houses, a newsagent, garage, petrol service station and a branch of a large hardware and agricultural service merchants.
Supplying the educational needs of the Community there is an excellent primary school, namely Ysgol Bro Hedd Wyn, which currently has about 100 pupils.
Religious services are held most Sundays at St. Madryn Church and Moriah Community Chapel.
It is worth noting that 86% of the population are fluent Welsh speakers – making it one of the strongholds of the Welsh language.